Potential...

Potential... This is a word I was inspired by when my wife and I visited Flamingo Road Church two weeks ago. I have been thinking a lot about this word. I am convinced that God has called His leaders to help people become all they are designed to be. To reach their full God given potential. Romans 12:8... Tells me, as a leader, I have to do this... Help people become all they can be in Christ.

Great coaches get every ounce of potential out of their players. They win championship games because they help players reach their playing potential. That is exactly what God has called church leaders to do. Get the full potential out of His players and win the greatest game ever!!!

Some players may have the potential to block, others to catch, others to throw, others to run and others to tackle. One major key to winning, is to have a good coaching staff that studies the game, studies the players, and gets the players in the right positions. But it does not stop there. A great team is motivated to give 100% on every play. This is called execution. Great coaches are a pin in the cushion. They motivate the players to execute on every play.

I am convinced that God's leaders are great coaches.

Potential is a huge word. Are you doing the best you can today with what God has given to you? My goal as a church leader is to challenge you, push you, and help you become one of the greatest players ever in this game we call life. Are you ready? I love my players and my staff. We are going to win ! More on this later.

No comments: