Drift Not...

God has been working in my heart about risk, faith, moving forward, etc. One thing Barefoot has been from the very beginning, is a people of radical faith. I never want us to drift away from this. Even in a time when the economy is working against the world we live in.

We see God do some of His best work when we are limited in our resources. We can never stop dreaming, moving, and risking to make His name famous.

I know it's hard, believe me!!! I feel like my neck stays stuck out on the chopping block of failure. However, in my journey, I have found that this is where God is experienced. In my weakness, He shows up strong. When I can't, He can. When He says, "Are you all in".... I have to be willing. He nudges us to take take steps that are hard... But the results are always amazing.

Let's keep on encouraging each other to follow God... It is a joy to do the journey with you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Clay, I enjoyed the message on Sun. 3-30-08 and am looking forward to the rest of the series.
The only thing that I was confused about was the SINFUL NATURE of the Believer, after reading Gal. 5:24 and Ron 6:6 in the NIV. Maybe I'll understand it better as the series go's on.
Thanks for the teachings on grace.
May God bless you.
Norm Bolling

Clay NeSmith said...

Hi Norm,
Great observations you have in Galatians & Romans. Check out the previous verses in Gal. 5. In particular -- 5:16&17 and Read Romans 6,7,& 8 all together. Also, 1 Peter Chap. 2 sheds a little light on this. Thanks for the comment. If this does not help, We would love to sit down and talk with you about this. Thanks,Clay

Jim Evans said...

Great stuff! Drifting is not good because without powering forward the winds and currents direct the boat.
The only way to enter the currents of economic challenge and the winds of uncertainty is to keep moving in God's power and purposes. It's a privilege and joy to serve with you.