He Can so We Can...

God tends to do His work in us when the odds are stacked against us. He gets the Honor and Glory that He deserves when this happens. We tend to be swayed in not giving Him the glory when we think we are doing something great. This has happened throughout the ages… check the Bible out.

He has called us to walk by faith not by sight. Many times we can see no way out of the situation that we’re in, the strain we feel, or the pressure we’re under. When we are in this state we should remember God is for the Underdog. He wants us to pull through; we just need to change our focus. This is where faith comes in. This Bible says, “Without faith no one can please God.”… And this is having faith in the right object. Many have faith; it’s just in the wrong object. Usually Themselves!

God wants us to put our faith in Him... not ourselves. One of the biggest phrases I hear is “I can’t”:
I can’t do…
I can’t afford…
I can’t go…
I can’t be…
I can’t achieve…
I can’t understand…
I can’t love...

The reality of this is you can’t, but He can. May we be a people who continue to walk by faith… in the right Object. God is doing some great things through us at Barefoot Community Church. Many times we feel that we can’t, but may we remember HE CAN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that message today. I forget to give it to Him and to trust and have faith. I do try to give Him the glory though, because without Him, well....what else can I say. Again, another timely post when needed.