The Power of influence is huge if you think about it.
Influence = the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others:
What allows one force to be greater than the other in my life is the amount of time and energy I put into something.
I have found that the people I hang with, can effect my attitude, actions, and abilities... It is so important that I choose my friends wisely.
I have determined that the places I go, can change the way I think. I try to expose myself to diverse places... It tends to change my world view.
What I am reading has a huge impact on my life. I read every day. I read God's Word, books, blogs, and articles... What get's into my head, moves to my heart, and comes out in my actions!
How I take care of my body influences my energy level. The food, rest, and exercise I get each week really determine the speed I can run at... Without the proper fuel, I tend to fall apart.
How about you, what are some things that influence you? What do you do to keep the negative out and let the positive in? I'd love to hear!
2 comments:
What do I do to keep the negative out and let the positive in? At work...headphones...K-LOVE...and a "smile"...
Along with Bible reading, prayer and the other stuff you just mentioned, I indulge in a cocktail of Perry Noble and Andy Stanley at least three times a week and hang out with guys like you. I'm into people, so everyone I encounter influences me in some way. Therefore, I try to be intentional about who I allow to speak into my life.
Post a Comment