Life and leadership are a lot like an hourglass.
I started my journey just knowing that God was nudging me towards Himself. Then, as I came to Him, He started nudging me towards serving and being a part of what He is doing in the world. As I have continued to serve and play on His playing field, He has continually narrowed my focus and position on His team.
I am starting to understand the meaning of "doing less gets more done."
As I have been on this journey, it seems that now I am more focused in a specific calling. I feel as though the journey started broad and as I continue to seek God and follow Him in serving, He has funneled me or shaped me to be like the center of an hourglass. Now that I have a tighter focus on who I am and what I am called to do, He is able to pour through me and broaden my influence.
Narrowing the focus, broadens the influence!!!
How about you? What is God shaping you to be? Don't know? keep on seeking and keep on serving. He will continue to narrow your focus and show you.
2 comments:
Great Point.
I am also entering the narrow zone. Sometimes we believe that if we are broader we will influence more people, but you are right, it is in the narrow focus that we truly find our God given potential and reach our full influence.
Post a Comment